National Standards we follow regarding Endoscopy and Infection Control
We have formally adopted the following National Professional Standards and Guidelines:
- Multi-Society Guidelines for Reprocessing Flexible Gastrointestinal Endoscopes endorsed by:
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates (SGNA)
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC)
- American College of Gastroenterologists (ACG)
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) Guidelines for:
- Disinfection and Sterilization in Healthcare Facilities 2008.
- Guideline for Isolation Precautions: preventing Transmission of Infectious Agents in Healthcare Settings, 2007.
How are cleaning and disinfection/sterilization procedures monitored for quality?
Equipment and instrument cleaning and sterilization are complex processes involving numerous technical details. Our staff are highly trained and certified competent in the cleaning, processing and sterilization of the equipment. To ensure no step is ever omitted, we monitor and record multiple points of equipment disinfection and sterilization.
Our extensive quality control program monitors over 100 quality factors on an ongoing basis. Critical factors related to infection control are monitored on every sterilized / processed instrument.
Who oversees Quality and Infection Control in the Centers?
Our RN Director of Center Operations has over six years of Endoscopy experience with GI Consultants. She oversees the personnel and operations of the Centers ensuring adherence to all policies and procedures.
We also have a RN Director of Quality Management, who oversees quality management and infection control in the Centers; and ensures all regulations are adhered to.
Both RN Directors report to the Quality Management Committee. Both RN Directors are members of Associated Professionals in Infection Control (APIC) and the Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates (SGNA) and members of NASCA, Nevada Ambulatory Surgery Center Association, holding positions on the Educational and Legislative committees.